Week In Books is a feature where I catch you up on my week in the book world, whether it be new books I’ve one-clicked, books that have caught my eye, book-world news, reviews, and what I’ve been reading that week. I’d love to see your own Week In Books in the comments!
Well what a crazy few weeks! Between lots of extra hours at work, planning and running a school disco/fun night, rushing a kiddo to the hospital after an allergic reaction to some colour hair spray (all is well now), binge watching the new season of 13 Reasons Why on Netflix (I’m still not over that scene!), the royal wedding (!!!!!) and revisiting my favourite perverts – The Original Sinners by Tiffany Reisz, the blog kind of got left alone, but here I am! Ready to bring you my latest Week (or two) In Books.
I was missing my biggest fictional love, Søren, from Tiffany Reisz’s Original Sinners series, so I revisited the White Years this weekend and I read The Saint. I finished that yesterday and I started on The King last night. *dreamy sigh* This is my happy place, you guys. Søren, Kingsley, Nora, Nico, all of them! I just love them!!
- Ugh, my timeline has been filled with all things Trademarks for weeks, and I’m so fed up with it now. Can’t we all just play nice?? Trademarking words is not cool, please stop screwing each other over! Author Tina Reba knows how it should be done, check out her post where she supports other authors and their books which have the same title as one of Reba’s own – E.K. Blair did the same for her novel Crave! That’s how we share words!! Bravo, ladies. And while we’re on the topic of all this TM nonsense, a huge group of amazing authors have come together to create the Cocky Collective – an anthology of Cocky stories about some of our favourite characters! All of the profits from this book are going to a great cause – check out this post from USA Today who share all the details! #FightLikeARomanceReader
- There’s been lots of new releases these last few weeks, many getting lost in the sea of TM posts, so let’s show them some love! I’m sure I’ve missed loads so let me know any great new releases in the comments! The Controversial Princess by Jodi Ellen Malpas, Piece Of Work by Staci Hart, One Baby Daddy by Meghan Quinn, Rusty Nail by Nazarea Andrews, Jock Row by Sara Ney, Rebel Heart by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland, Rough Edge by CD Reiss, Rogue Royalty by Meghan March, Tethered Souls by Beth Flynn, Cocktales (the Cocky Collective).
- Speaking of new releases – I recently read Tethered Souls by Beth Flynn and I thought it was great! It’s a spin off to the Nine Minutes series which is one of my favourites!!! Tethered Souls is the story of Mimi (Grizz’s daughter) and Christian (Anthony Bear’s son)! You can check out my 4 star review on the blog!
- SALES!!!! Who doesn’t love a discount? It doesn’t matter if I have hundreds of unread books on my kindle and in my bookcase, I cannot say no to a steal! Check out all these great ones I’ve found. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne, Heart Shaped Hack and White Hot Hack by Tracey Garvis Graves, The Out Post by Devney Perry, Dirty Filthy Rich Men by Laurelin Paige, Burn With Me by Kristen Proby, Defying Her Mafioso by Terri Anne Browning, Finding Eden and Becoming Calder and Archer’s Voice and Most Of All You by Mia Sheridan, Sex Says by Max Monroe, Back In The Game by Meghan Quinn, Keeping Her Warm by Alexa Riley, God Shaped Hole by Tiffanie Debartolo, and Killing Sarai by JR Redmerski.
- And there’s some fantastic books up for pre-order that I cannot wait for!!! The Chateau by Tiffany Reisz, More Than Words by Mia Sheridan, The Girl And Her Ren by Pepper Winters, A Wish For Us by Tillie Cole, Mogul by Katy Evans, Providence by Caroline Kepnes, Getting Schooled by Emma Chase, Fixed Forever by Laurelin Paige, Eve Of Man by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher.
That’s all I’ve got for you this week, make sure you check back for the next Week In Books, and sign up to my blog to receive email updates!